Saturday, February 5, 2011

Choreography for Kendrix

I teach private modern/ballet instruction for very good friend of mine named Kendrix. Now, if you are are pretty close to me, you have heard his name more than several times.

Kendrix is very dear to me. He is a Vascular Surgeon and an Illusionist. He also somehow seems to fit in dance, fishing, beach-life, care and time for his exotic birds and pets and his friends and family. He STILL dances after all these years and even though he has had more than 3 back surgeries, he never lets that stop him from doing what he loves (see people - no excuses)

Kendrix is always inspiring me. This man saves lives and works very hard. He has the biggest heart. When I think I am having a stressful day or complain that I don't have time to work on the things I love or want to do, I think about what he told me one day "If you really love it, you will make time for it somehow." As does he.

And you know what? It is SO TRUE. If you truly want to do something or love something or someone. You make time for it now matter what, even if it costs you sleep because you wanted it that bad.

Kendrix never complains. He always comes to class with a smile. Kendrix is so open minded, he has also had and has the coolest life ever with amusing stories. Small town Kentucky boy to successful fishing lure entrepreneur, beach bum somewhere out in the French West Indies and Guadalope, to Vascular Surgeon. He is what you would call "good folk" :) I am grateful for his friendship and care about him very much.

Here is just a quick clip of the most recent dance piece we are practicing to. I choreograph these little dance pieces for him so he can not only work on technique and form, but to be able to dance and express himself on another art level.


No comments:

Post a Comment