Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Best Tempeh Lettuce Wraps Recipe Ever




"Ooh heaven is a place on earth!" - at least that's how I feel about my latest creation!

Try this light, low carb, low calorie, vegan-friendly Tempeh Lettuce Wraps Recipe! It's healthy, fast, easy - Great overall Lunch

Ingredients:

- Big Lettuce Leaves to Wrap
- Tempeh (I used Westsoy Tempeh, 5 grain)
- Cucumber
- White Onion
- Kalamata Olives
- Sweet Roasted Peppers in Olive Oil (I used Mancini sweet roasted peppers)
- Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil (I used 365 from Wholefoods)
- Cilantro and/or Parsley
- Seasoning to taste (I used cayenne, cumin, salt/pepper and paprika)
* - everything I bought and used was organic

Directions:

In a skillet, sear the Tempeh (cut into long slices) and season for a couple minutes. The add a the roasted red peppers and sun dried tomatoes (you may need to diced up the peppers and sun dried tomatoes).

Then get your plate out, lay the lettuce leaves down (I did 3 for one serving). Slice the cucumber thin (I did like 3 cucs slices per wrap), thin slices of white onions, dice the kalamata olives and lay that all down on the lettuce.

Your Tempeh is cooked. Go ahead and lay that on top with the roasted peppers and sun dried tomatoes. And just top with the cilantro and parsley. Wrap it up and much away.

Yummy, vegan, organic wraps! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment